Monday, June 28, 2010

Review: Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy

Hi everybody. My first review is going to be a total rave! It's the Pixie Epoxy from Fyrinnae (www.fyrinnae.com).

This amazing product provides a base for mineral and other loose eyeshadows - it's not a primer and Fyrinnae recommends using a primer underneath it (I use Urban Decay's original Primer Potion). It gives shimmery eyeshadows a foiled look without the effort of foiling. Foiling can be fiddly and time-consuming (at least when I attempt it!) so this was a godsend for me.


I ordered it online with a bunch of eyeshadow minis/samples (that's another review in itself). The Pixie Epoxy was only US$7 and the shipping ended up being free because I'd ordered more than US$20 worth of items. That's right, shipping to the arse end of the world is free for orders over US$20; for orders less than US$20 (I admire your restraint), shipping is a maximum of US$3.50.

So, to look at it, it's a bit meh: there's not a lot going on. It's a fairly nondescript tube and once you open it, you'll find a wand with a doe foot applicator. This makes it a snap to apply. You seriously need to apply the tiniest little bit to your eyelid and then spread it around gently with your finger. You then need to let it dry for a few seconds until it's tacky.

There is a bit of a trick to using the epoxy, so check out the excellent tips at Fyrinnae's blog here. After it's dried a little, simply brush on your eyeshadow and watch all the pretty colours come out to play! I have a number of mineral eyeshadows that are one main colour with flecks of different coloured sparkles. This made all those other colours stand out and sparkle even more.

I found I had significantly less fallout using the epoxy compared to primer alone and it didn't budge all day. No creasing whatsoever! The vibrancy of the colour didn't fade after a day of wear, not even after two hours of sweaty exercise at the end of the day. I wish I could say the same for the other makeup under my eyes, but damn, my eyshadow still looked amazing.

Really, what I'm trying to say is this: you must own this product. If you have loose eyeshadows that you want to appear more vibrant, if you're a foiling novice or if you just want a good sparkle, then buy it now. For less than AUD$10, can you really go wrong? I challenge anyone to use Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy and not fall in love. I can guarantee that I will be placing another order soon so I never run out: it's that bloody amazing.