Friday, July 2, 2010

Pics: Pure Luxe OMG

So today I finally got the balls to wear one of my latest Pure Luxe (www.pureluxecosmetics.com) acquisitions, the mineral eyeshadow in OMG, which is a bright red. I also teamed this up with Avenging Angel (matte black with red glitter) and Molten (dark coppery red).

I felt OMG on its own would have been really full on, but with the Molten in my crease for definition, it toned it down somewhat by providing a nice, darker contrast. I applied Urban Decay Primer Potion and then added Molten to my crease. After that, I applied Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy all over the lid and added OMG all over this. A colour this bright definitely needed black liner, so I thought I'd use Avenging Angel for this reason. I dabbed on a teeny bit of the epoxy on my lower lashline to give the red glitter something to stick to. I finished off by sweeping a little Molten on the inner part of the lower lashline.


I wish the redness was more apparent in these photos. It's a much brighter colour than it appears here (see the swatch in my previous post here). So what do you think? Fun, bright makeup or freakish clown-like eyes?



White natural light.





Warmer bathroom light.