Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Haul: Morgana Minerals

I bought a few goodies from Morgana Minerals (www.morganaminerals.com) about a month ago when they were having a sale. I ended up buying a bunch of samples, four full-sized eyeshadows and a lipstick. I'm only going to talk about the eyeshadows here because I want to do a separate review of the lipstick later on. I'd read about Morgana at various blogs and when they announced the sale, I thought I'd give them a go.




First of all, the web site is a bit of a nightmare to navigate. I did my shopping using the painfully long drop-down Categories menu. If I'd just kept returning to the home page, I wouldn't have missed out on the seeing the Shimmer Me Timbers Pirate collection. There were some awesome colours in there. Perhaps next time.

So once I found my way around, I ended up with eye colours from the new Limited Edition and Get Medieval collections, as well as the regular 2009, Christmas and Halloween collections. All of the eyeshadows are available in a number of sizes and configurations. The sample baggies are only US$1 each and then there are different sized sifter jars and refill bags, with the biggest size (a 10g jar with a generous 3-3,5g of product) costing US$8. The four full-size eyeshadows I bought were in the 5g jar and they cost US$5 each. The vegan lipsticks are US$10 each. There are also a few other products for sale on the site, including glitter, foundations and primers.

I haven't had the chance to wear them all yet because I'm still working my way through the ridiculously large amount of Aromaleigh samples I purchased just before the company closed down. I've worn Fortress, LE #7 and North Pole at this stage, and I'm totally in love with all of them. It wasn't until I swatched all my colours today that I realised how amazing some of these colours are. I'm definitely going to have to buy the full-sized versions of some of them!

For each of the following photos, the top image was indoors and the bottom one was taken outside in the sun. All eyeshadows were applied over Urban Decay Primer Potion.


L to R: Fortress, Nightmare, LE #7 and Warped.


L to R: Petroleum Green, Mordred, Shallow Grave, Potion and Goblet.


L to R: North Pole, Ashed Pine, Lady Godiva, Chivalry and Beowulf. The horizontal swipe at the bottom is Glitter Ghoul.


A closeup of Glitter Ghoul. This is the only colour I was disappointed with. It's a matte black with multi-coloured glitter in it, but the glitter mostly just fell off.


L to R: Skeletons in Your Closet, Harken, Twinkling Cherrine, Transylvania Twist and Tinsel Me.