Friday, August 20, 2010

Nails: OPI The Color To Watch

So this week I'm wearing one of my newest nail polishes, OPI's The Color To Watch from its latest Switzerland collection. It's unlike any other purple that I own and I have many, many purple polishes. Most of them are quite dark, so a pale colour is kind of new to me.


Ooh, pretty!

Although it's a much lighter colour than I'm used to, as you can see from the pictures, it's just gorgeous. It's a pale mauve with tons of blue and pink microglitter, although the camera seems to have only picked up on the blue. Trust me, there's a little pink in there, too.


In direct sunlight, you can see the pretty sparkles. Without direct sun, you can see its lovely purple base.

I actually found it more difficult to apply than my other OPI nail polishes. Is it me or is the brush thicker in The Color To Watch? Anyway, that aside, I needed three coats to get this looking as awesome as it is in the bottle. Two coats looked pretty, but it was still sheer and I could see that it was a little patchy.


This was taken indoors: it's still a lovely metallic purple, even without the glitter being visible.

Otherwise, I'm in love with this colour. I think it's aptly named and wish my photos could do it justice. There's a much better (and larger) photo at Scrangie's blog.