Monday, August 2, 2010

Nails: OPI Suzi Skis in the Pyrenees (Suede)

I wanted something really quick for my nails this week, so I went for the Suede version of Suzi Skis in the Pyrenees by OPI. I don't own the original version of this colour, but from the swatches Ive seen on blogs, this suede polish is quite different. I also have the suede version of Lincoln Park After Dark, as well as the original, and they're even less alike.
The suede nail polishes from OPI are totally amazing. Not only do they look better than plain matte polishes (in my opinion, that is), they also dry quickly. It goes on very evenly and because of the way the suede looks, there's no need to worry about brush strokes being evident. Two coats took me a total of 15 minutes to apply and allow to dry. That's it.
OPI recommends not wearing a top coat over the suede nail polishes, but I've personally worn them both ways and they're fine. If you want the more matte look, forgo the top coat; if you want your manicure to last longer and like a glossy finish, by all means add a top coat. Scrangie (www.scrangie.com), the nail polish master, has swatched all the suede colours here, with and without the top coat. I don't think it loses any of its impact by having a top coat.

Of course, the worst thing about suede nail polishes is the fact that they don't last as long as regular polish. That's fine for me because I enjoy wearing different colours and can afford to spend the time applying them. For those who are time-poor, this may not be good, although considering you can just reapply the whole thing again in just 15 minutes, I don't really think this is an issue.

I totally forgot how much I like this nail polish until I put it on earlier today. My hayfever is driving me insane at the moment, so I didn't want to fuss with my nails too much. They look awesome! Maybe I'll wear the suede version of Lincoln Park After Dark when this manicure starts to chip.