Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Nails: Zoya Adina

This week I'm wearing Adina from Zoya. It's actually the very first Zoya polish I've ever owned, but I can tell you it won't be the last.

The only thing I didn't like was that the polish was quite thin and runny. As a result, I needed three coats for full opaqueness. I'm not sure if that's just this Zoya polish or whether that's a characteristic of the brand, but I'll let you know. I have another Zoya colour that I bought recently.

I absolutely adore this colour. It's so complex. I'd call it a duochrome, but there's way more happening there, so it doesn't do the polish justice. It's a purple with an obvious green sheen to it, but when you look at it from a different angle, it turns a coppery pink!

I've been unable to take photos of my nails during the day since I've been at work all week, but I might update this post with photos if the polish hasn't chipped off by the weekend. So, as usual, I'll let others show you how amazing this colour is. First of all, Scrangie (www.scrangie.com) has some awesome shots showing the purple/green colour here. I had a hard time finding pictures of the orange/pink colour, but the best one I found was here (the last picture in the post).

The other reason this nail polish needs more photos, especially in the sun, is because it's so sparkly! The glitter in it is so fine, it just dazzles in the sun. Check out Coloruza's pictures here to see the sparkle. Drool.

Edit: I've been so busy! I managed to take some photos, but didn't get around to uploading them. So at last, here they are.


Left: this is how it normally looks: purple with a green sheen. Right: in the sun: kinda pink.


This was the best I could do to capture the coppery pink shift.