Sunday, October 24, 2010

Eyeshadow: Fyrinnae & Barry M

I wanted something sparkly yet dark for a night out last week. I ended up using Fyrinnae's arcane magic eyeshadow in Faerie Glamour and teamed it up with Barry M's dazzle dust in Petrol Black. I actually bought the Barry M eyeshadow (a few of them, actually) from Crush Cosmetics (http://crushcosmetics.com.au/). I love this web site: it's got a whole range of makeup that's hard to find in Australia and the prices are really reasonable.

Anyway, Faerie Glamour ended up being way darker than I remembered, but I totally love how it looked. Most of my photos captured the blue shift really well, but not much of the purple. It actually looks mainly purple in the pot, too. As for Petrol Black, the photos of the eyeshadow pot itself look kind of weird. It's a matte black colour that has loads of blue glitter in it, so when you put it on, it really is reminiscent of petrol.

Left: no flash. Right: with flash.

So, here's the look. I put Faerie Glamour all over my eyelid, with some Petrol Black on the outer V and crease. I also lined underneath my eyes with Petrol Black. The first lot of photos shows the blue sparkle. The second lot of photos show the purple shift a little more, with a lot of sparkle. The look was more glittery in person, though.