Monday, November 1, 2010

Eyeshadow: Halloween fun

So last night was Halloween. We didn't have too many kiddies trick or treating, which is a bit of a shame. I know we don't really get into it here in Australia like they do overseas; however, I noticed that even supermarkets like Coles seemed to be getting into the spirit of the holiday, with costumes, lollies and other bits and pieces for sale in the last month or so.

Anyway, I wanted something fun and bright for Halloween, since I wasn't dressing up or anything and I didn't want to scare any of the neighbourhood children. I combined Aromaleigh's Severina on they eyelid (over Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy, of course) with Morgana Cryptoria's Warped on the lower lashline. Unfortunately, neither of these colours are available anymore.


Left: indoors with flash. Right: outdoors in natural light.

I like the way this turned out. I bumped into a friend earlier in the day and she loved it so much that she wants me to do it on her one day. Cool! I don't often get to doll up other people, except my sister on special occasions (although since she doesn't like glitter and too much sparkle, it's not as fun). The only problem is that both colours looked brighter an more intense in person.