Saturday, November 20, 2010

Review: Fyrinnae lip lustre

I recently did another Fyrinnae (www.fyrinnae.com) order and got a whole bunch of lovely new eyeshadows, in addition to a couple of mini lip lustres. I got Beloved, which is a mauvey pink with aqua shimmer (it's also meant to be colour-changing, but since I'm wearing it on my lips, I haven't really been able to see this for myself), as well as Sugar-Coated Revenge, which is a deep purple with lots of sparkle.



For minis, they're amazing. Not only do they come in an awesome little tube, but they have doe foot applicators! There's 3mL of product in each tube, which is incredibly generous. Especially when you think about the fact that each one is only US$2.50. A full-size lip lustre is only US$4.50 for 5.8mL of product!



According to the Fyrinnae web site, these aren't intended to be lip glosses. Here's what they say: "Please keep in mind that these are NOT intended to be like lipgloss. This product is a non-sticky lipcolour 'stain', leaving moisturizing colour on your lips but no goopy tackiness. These are made to be opaque." However, I have been wearing them just on their own and they wear really well. They last a long time, but they're not as super-shiny as a traditional gloss. And although there's shimmer in it, Fyrinnae points out that it's not glitter. It's certainly not gritty anyway.

And now for the swatches. I've used two different types of lighting to show off the colours. On the left is Sugar-Coated Revenge, with Beloved on the right.



This picture was purposely taken out of focus so you can see the pretty sparkle in each of them:


2 comments:

  1. I have and love both of these lip colours! However, I find their lip lusters to be drying on me. So I wear them on top of something like Chapstick to help my lips out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might have to give that balm trick a try. I love how they look, but I wish they were a little more moisturising.

    ReplyDelete