Friday, December 3, 2010

Surprise finds: Blooms chemist

This is just a quick post about some surprises I found in my local Blooms chemist this morning. I was lucky I decided to have a quick look around before paying for my items and leaving because there are checkouts on either side of the store. The one I'd usually go to is well away from the beauty department and therefore has the shorter line.

Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised to see a permanent Orly nail polish display! I'd seen a small display of the Orly minis before at the prescription counter (of course, that's where everyone goes to check out nail polish). However, I'd never seen full-sized bottles of Orly. They had a fairly small range of coloured polish, but they also had french manicure polish in addition to top coats and other nail care items.

The other display that caught my eye was an Ardell lash display! I've never seen Ardell lashes anywhere in Australia before. I've also never worn false eyelashes before, but since everyone in blogland raves about Ardell, I thought I'd give them a try. I got demis and a natural-looking set. I'll let you know how I go when I wear them, although I think this may require a bit of practise!