Saturday, February 5, 2011

Nails: OPI Sparkle-icious

This is one of the many polishes I bought in the US recently. Sparkle-icious is part of OPI's Burlesque collection, which I thought was pretty awesome. I also got Tease-y Does It, but I haven't had a chance to wear it yet. Sparkle-icious is also the first glitter-only nail polish I've bought from OPI, but it probably won't be the last!

It's made up of just three glitter colours: gold, blue and magenta. It's such a pretty combination. It's kind of hard to see all the colours in the bottle pic below, but you can see how much glitter is in there. It made it really easy to build up opaque coverage.



I actually did my nails over two days because I ran out of time. The polish dried surprisingly fast, so I guess I could have done it all in one day after all. I ended up applying three coats and it was completely opaque. Two coats would have looked really lovely over a darker colour, so I might try that next time. Anyway, I think it's still spectacular on its own. I put a coat of Seche Vite topcoat over the top to smooth it out, as the glitter felt a little chunky.


Top left: outdoors in the shade. Top right: outdoors in the sun. Below: indoors.

As you can see from the pics, it doesn't appear as a super-yellow gold outdoors, but it's more golden indoors. The sparkle in this is blinding! It's such a fun polish. As with all glitter nail polishes, my only concern is how much work it's going to be when it comes time to removing it, but I'll worry about that later. Regardless, I think it's gorgeous.