Sunday, March 20, 2011

Nails: Sephora by OPI Go My Own Way

I was drawn to the Sephora by OPI nail polish collection when I was in Sephora last. There were quite a few colours that interested me, but I held myself back and only got one in the colour Go My Own Way. It's a metallic dark blue/green (depending on the light) with flecks of teal microglitter.


See? It's hard to tell whether it's green or blue.

I only needed two coats of polish to make this completely opaque. It was a great consistency, not too thick and not to runny, and didn't take too long to dry. There was pleasantly no bubbling either. It's a nice, dark colour, although as I said before, it's difficult to tell whether it's blue or green. It looks more blue in artificial light and slightly greener in the sun. The microglitter only really becomes apparent in the sun, to.


Left: indoors. Right: outdoors.


A (somewhat scary) close-up showing the shimmer and teal microglitter.

It's really lovely, I think you'll agree. I like that the colour is ambiguous, as it makes it more interesting in my opinion. It's easy to apply and has a beautiful shimmery finish. It's definitely a winner.