Monday, May 23, 2011

I jumped on the Inglot bandwagon

Last week I saw that Inglot had finally launched an Australian web site (www.inglotaustralia.com) from which you could order. Hooray! I know there are Inglot stores in Bondi Junction and Chatswood, but that's nowhere near me, so it would be a total pain to get there. I remember there used to be a store in Parramatta (many) years ago, but there were so many colours, I never bought anything because it was too overwhelming.

I decided to order a five-colour Freedom palette. It was $55 and postage was $10 (registered). I ordered it on Thursday night (19th) and it arrived this morning (23rd)! It's not as cheap as the US Inglot Freedom System, but it's still really good. All the bits and pieces came separately. I actually enjoyed popping the eyeshadows into the spots I wanted in the palette, which are held in by magnets. The lid is also attached to palette using seriously strong magnets.


Here are all my goodies.

As a bonus, I received two samples of foundation and a sample of their primer. I haven't tried out the foundation yet, but I'm using the primer today. There's tons of product in the sachet and a little goes a long way, so I'll likely be able to try it out all this week. I'll let you know what I think of it.


My assembled palette. The eyeshadows are quite a generous size.


From left to right, the colours I chose are 74 AMC, 420 Pearl, 32 Shine, 419 Pearl and 441 Pearl.

I'm really excited to try these, considering all the good things I've been reading about Inglot eyeshadows on other people's beauty blogs. I'll write a proper review once I've had a chance to wear them. I'd love to try out their amazing AMC lip glosses, but at $28 a pop, it's a little too rich for my blood at the moment.


All were swatched dry on bare skin (no primer). I did one or two swipes on the eyeshadow with my finger and then a single swipe on my hand.