Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Nails: OPI The One That Got Away

The One That Got Away is from OPI's Katy Perry collection. It's a lovely raspberry red colour with red sparkle and microglitter. As with most OPI polishes, this applied smoothly and was opaque in two coats. However, since I have trouble getting the most even application with the tiny brush that comes with the mini bottles, I did an extra coat to even things out.


Taken side on to show some of the glitter.

It's a gorgeous dark red that leans more towards burgundy than fire engine red. I love it! The sparkle just adds a hint of something extra without it being over the top. It didn't look like it in the bottle, but now that I've actually applied it to my nails, it kind of looks like a Napoleon nail polish I own. I'll have to do a comparison.


Ooh, pretty sparkle.

All in all, this is a lovely red and probably the 'simplest' polish in the Katy Perry collection. I think this would look awesome with a black shatter polish over the top, too. I'd love to get OPI's new turquoise and silver shatters, so we'll see!