Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Nails: Ozotic Pro Eclipse (505)

Let me just start off by saying this is the most incredible nail polish I own. Sure, plenty of brands do duochromes, but this is a multi-chrome and it's unbeliveably beautiful. I bought Eclipse from the Picture Polish web site (www.picturepolish.com.au). It's an Australian web site and each Ozotic polish is $14.95. Picture Polish's own polishes look pretty awesome too, but I don't have any of those. They have a whole range of Ozotic polishes and you'll find the multi-chromatic ones here. There are six different ones to choose from, all of them having a different range of highlighted colour flashes. Eclipse shows green, pink, cyan and blue.


Even the bottle shows a variety of the colours it will flash.

The first thing I did with this was apply it over a black polish, as recommended. It helps the colours stand out better and the colour shift be more noticeable. I applied two coats of Sephora by OPI in What's a Tire Jack? and waited for it to dry completely. I then did two coats of Eclipse, which dried very quickly and evenly. The formula is an absolute dream. It was smooth and surprisingly for a shimmery polish, there were no visible streaks or brush strokes. I topped it off with a layer of clear topcoat.



I think you'll agree that it looks incredible. I was expecting it to look cool, but I wasn't prepared for its insane awesomeness. It's not just the type of light nearby that affects the colour, but the angle of your hand towards the light. In case you're wondering why the photos show my hands at different angles, it's so I could attempt to show all of the different colours. It was tough! And no, before anyone asks, I'm not an Oompa Loompa, it's just the different lighting making my skin look orange. I think you'll agree that this is one of the more difficult nail polishes to photograph. Ever! Anyway, onto more photos.



I know Picture Polish ships internationally, but beware that if you're interested in buying one of these, it's going to cost you since Ozotic is an Australian brand and I'm not sure whether there are any overseas web sites stocking it. Still, I reckon it's worth it. Look at it! Anyway, about the only criticism I have is the fact that the name isn't written on the bottle, only the number. I don't think it's a big deal, but it might be an issue if you get them all. I can't wait to try it over a dark purple or green base, now that I've worn it over black. Amazing things could happen.