Thursday, May 5, 2011

Review: NYX Diamond Sparkle Lipgloss

Another item I've neglected to review from my US trip is this lip gloss from NYX. It's one of their Diamond Sparkle colours in Fuschia Sparkle. It's a lovely bright pink with purple sparkle in it. I wouldn't even call it microglitter since it's so fine. I bought it for around US$5 in Longs Drugs (CVS). What a bargain!


Notice how the head of the wand is slanted? It makes application a breeze.

The gloss comes with a doe-foot applicator that's slanted. It makes it a lot easier to apply than glosses with standard doe-foot applicators. The bottle is quite squat, which makes it convenient to shove in your pocket or a bag. You still get a generous 5ml of product, though.


These photos were taken just after I first applied it. Left: indoors under artificial light. Right: ourdoors in direct sun.

The gloss glides on like butter, it's that smooth. It's also really opaque and lasts for ages without needing to be reapplied. Want proof? The pictures below are after two hours of wear. I didn't have anything to eat or drink, but I'm one of those people who constantly rubs their lips together and it still didn't wear off. The other thing you'll notice is there's no bleeding! It's such a lovely consistency and isn't sticky at all.


Left: indoors after 2 hours. Right: direct sun after 2 hours.

What else can I say? Great colour, super glossy, easy to apply, long lasting and really cheap. What more could you ask for? More of them! NYX also has a Diamond Sparkle range of lipstick, but I haven't tried any of those yet.

If you love these as much as I do, go check out Cherry Culture (www.cherryculture.com) right this second! Until May 8 (the 9th Australian time), they have 50% off selected NYX products and the Diamond Sparkle lip gloss is included. I plan to get another one or two, along with some other products. Aussie girls can find NYX makeup at Crush Cosmetics (www.crushcosmetics.com.au), although they don't have the Diamond Sparkle glosses: they just have the Mega Shine and Round ranges (which are also awesome).Link