Saturday, June 18, 2011

Nails: Avon Matte in Violetta

This week I wore my new Avon matte nail polish, which has been on back-order for three months! Let me tell you, it was worth the wait. It's a beautiful royal purple and it applies like a dream. It was fully opaque in just two coats.


It actually looks all nice and shimmery in the bottle.

The only real problem with it is that it dried so quick, you have to paint it on really fast. In one instance, I almost had a gluggy streak down the middle of one of my thumbnails because I had to dip the brush again to get more. The half I'd already applied was almost dry so where it met the wet polish, it needed a little work to smooth out.


If you view the enlarged pic, you can see the shimmer in it, despite being a matte polish.

This was a somewhat lazy application for me, since I had no base coat or topcoat. In the picture above, you can see a chip on my index finger and some tip wear on my pinkie. The photo was taken a full day after I'd applied it, so it's not bad going for a matte polish on its own. Of course, it was a little worse the next day and after day three, there was major chipping.

Overall, I love this polish. The colour is intense, it's matte yet it's still got some interesting shimmer going on and it dries really quickly. It's great for a super-quick manicure. However, I haven't seen this in the Avon catalogue since I ordered it, so I don't know how easy it is to get. I'd even consider other colours -- it was so long ago that I don't even remember what they were, although I think there was only a handful to choose from.

1 comment: