Saturday, July 16, 2011

Nails: A England Lady of the Lake

Hooray! My nails are back in nail polish-wearing form! They're all quite short, but I was absolutely desperate to try one of my new A England (www.a-england.co.uk) polishes. I recently ordered three from the Mythicals collection: Lady of the Lake, Avalon and Tristam. At the time, they were offering free worldwide postage, which is why I went a little nuts and ordered three polishes from a brand I'd never tried. Each bottle is £9, which is around $14. That's cheaper than a bottle of OPI.

When I had a look at the web site, I fell in love instantly. Lady of the Lake is the first one that went into my cart. It's a dark blue-based purple holographic polish. I don't know if you guys are aware of how hard it is to find dark holos: you may have seen my post about China Glaze DV8: that's about as dark as they get. Until I found A England! Tristam is a dark blue holo and Avalon is a bright metallic purple.


Dark purple holo! So gorgeous.

I can't rave enough about amazing this was to apply. I honestly think this is the smoothest, loveliest nail polish I've ever applied. Two coats is all it took and both coats dried quite quickly. There were no bubbles, no glugginess, no visible brushstrokes or anything. Just an amazing, even coverage. I'm totally in love with the colour too. However, I can't wait to try the other two either!


Dark purple hololiciousness. Droolworthy!

I know it's a big call, but I'm going to have to say that this is the best nail polish formula I've ever tried. Maybe it's because it's a holo, so I'll reserve full judgement until I've tried a regular metallic formula, but it's amazing. I can't think of anything that's bad about it or that I would change. I'm seriously considering another order and adding to my collection. If you've had reservations about trying A England, I'd say go for it. You won't be disappointed.

1 comment:

  1. That looks lovely. I really need to get hold of some of these polishes

    ReplyDelete