Thursday, July 21, 2011

Palettes: Sleek & Wet n Wild

Today the postman delivered the Sleek i-Divine palette (Original) and Wet n Wild Color Icon 8-pan palette (Comfort Zone). I know I'm a little late to the party on these, but both Sleek and Wet n Wild are difficult to find in Australia. I ordered my goodies from Crush Cosmetics (www.crushcosmetics.com.au).


The Wet n Wild Comfort Zone palette.

The Color Icon palette was $14.95. Each shadow is labelled according to where it should be applied. I wouldn't necessarily wear them this way, since all of the shadows are shimmery and it may be a bit too much to wear them all over. However, the selection of shades is excellent and I'll be able to create tons of looks with this.


Top row: browbone, eyelid, crease and definer shade from the left row (top to bottom) of the palette.
Bottom row: as above for the right-hand row.

You'll notice that the colour in the bottom right-hand corner is an exact dupe of MAC's Club eyeshadow. This whole palette costs less than one MAC eyeshadow on its own and since I already own Club, I have to say that the colour payoff of the Wet n Wild eyeshadow is much better! It applies a lot easier than the MAC, although to be fair, this is just swatched on the back of my hand: I haven't worn it on my eyes yet. Still, this palette is great value.


The Original i-Divine palette.

If the Wet n Wild palette is great value, the i-Divine palette is amazing value. It was $19.95 for 12 ridiculously pigmented eyeshadows. The colour payoff of these is almost as good as my Inglot eyeshadows. I barely had to touch each colour to swatch it. I can see myself hanging onto this sucker for a few years. I know heaps of people rave about the Sleek palettes and I think it's justified. I haven't even worn any of the eyeshadows yet and I still think it's incredible.

Left: the top row of the Original palette. Right: the bottom row of the palette.

I can't wait to wear these eyeshadows. I mean, look at all those colours! That's why I decided to go for the Original palette over any of the others (I'm seriously considering the Storm palette, though). There's a good mix of bright and neutral shades here, as well as the obligatory black. It's a very versatile palette and I can't believe it's taken this long for me to get my hands on it.

Crush Cosmetics is a fabulous web site. I ordered on Tuesday at 6pm and my parcel was here this morning (Thursday) at 7:30am! Now that's a fast turnaround. Plus, orders over $60 qualify for free shipping. They also got other hard-to-find (in Australia) brands like China Glaze, NYX, Elf, Milani and Barry M. They also sell my favourite empty magnetic palette: the Z-Palette. They have a bunch of items on sale at the moment, so go take a look. I highly recommend it.

So I guess I'll be busy over the next week (couple of weeks?) as I break in my two new eyeshadow palettes. There are so many colours here and both palettes are quite compact, so they'll be really easy to travel with. As I said, I'm seriously impressed and I haven't even worn any of them yet. However, I can't imagine people raving about them so much (and them selling out all over the place) if they didn't wear well. I'll keep you all posted.

2 comments:

  1. Both are awesome palettes ! I'm sleek addicted lately :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like the palettes! I'm from the US, and I just HAVE to mention that (in the US) the Wet-N-Wild 8-pan eyeshadow palettes only cost $5 (USD). So, I think you may have over-paid for your Wet-N-Wild palette on that website...?

    ReplyDelete