Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Eyeshadow: aqua pop

Today I just grabbed two random eyeshadows from my collection and decided to wear them together. I chose a pressed shadow combined with a loose sample. I ended up with a Make Up Store cyber shadow in Elf (discontinued) and a sample of Harken by Morgana Cryptoria. It was fun just grabbing two different colours without thinking about it beforehand.


Left: Harken is aqua with pink sparkles. Right: Elf is lilac with yellow and green microglitter.

Of course, I had to begin with with Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy! An awesome eyeshadow like Harken deserves no less. Since I was putting this on for work, I was in a hurry so I didn't bother doing anything too fancy. I used Harken all over the lid and along the lower lashline. I then used Elf in the crease. I forgot how subtle that colour is, as it's been a while since I last used it. It was cool, though. It added a hint of another colour so the aqua wasn't too overwhelming (in my opinion).


A bright lid colour with a subtle crease: very different for me!

Sorry the pictures are a bit dodgy. I didn't have time to take photos in the morning, so these were taken 12 hours after application. You can't argue with the staying power of the Pixie Epoxy, can you? This look was different for me because the crease is so subtle you can barely see it and it's a contrasting colour to the aqua on the lid. I was feeling tired when I got up, so the bright pop of colour made me fell better about being up so early!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely , like these colors :D
    I tagged you for a Blog Award ! http://sparklingluna.blogspot.com/2011/08/nog-niet-af-top-10-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I'm so excited you're a fan! :)

    ReplyDelete