Sunday, August 28, 2011

Eyeshadow: black and gold

Today's look has black all right, but gold? You decide. I used Fyrinnae's (www.fyrinnae.com) Platinum along with two eyeshadows from The Body Needs' (www.thebodyneeds2.com) Blackened collection. I usually go for bright colours, so for something different today, I used neutral shades to create a bold, dark look.


Platinum, Blackened Gold and Blackened Bronze.

I used Pixie Epoxy as my base all over the lid and along the lower lashline. I then applied Platinum all over the lid and the inner corner. I used Blackened Gold in the crease and along the lower lashline. I then added Blackened Bronze to the outer third of the lower lashline and used it foiled along the top lashline as an eyeliner.


Whoa, that's dark!

You see why I'm not sure that gold is the right description? The name Platinum imples silver, which it's not, but then it's not quite gold either. It's definite somewhere in between, but leaning towards gold. I'm really liking the Blackened collection too. It's a whole range of black eyeshadows with coloured microglitter, but it's so finely milled that there's no separation of the glitter from the eyeshadow itself. Foiled, the colours mixed with the black really pop.

I still have more Fyrinnae eyeshadows to try out from my latest order, so they'll be coming up this week. I also have more colours from Blackened collection by The Body Needs, as well as the Smoked collection, which I haven't had a chance to try yet. Has anyone had a play with these? What did you think?

2 comments:

  1. It's dark but stunning !! I love it !! I have a few of the blackened collection and i have the smoked collection too . They are absolutely smokey :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to give the Smoked Collection a go, once I've worked my way through my Fyrinnae eyeshadows ;)

    ReplyDelete