Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Eyeshadow: inspired look

I'm a huge fan of Sparkling Luna's blog (http://sparklingluna.blogspot.com). She does some amazing looks with sparkly eyeshadow, of course, which are totally inspiring. Her most recent EOTD here was so simple yet pretty, I felt compelled to have a go at recreating it.


Purple and green again. Yes please!


I don't have the exact eyeshadows she used (I've never seen Catrice in Australia) so I just used whatever I had lying around. From the WnW Comfort Zone palette, I used the bronzey gold shade on the inner half of the lid and then the pale green on the outer half of the lid. I used Inglot 419 Pearl in the crease and the purple from the Sleek Original i-Divine palette along the lower lashline. I used an Urban Decay liner in Mildew along the water line and an (ancient) Urban Decay liquid eyeliner in Crash winged out along the top lashline.

I don't know that I did the look justice, but it inspired me to combine colours in a way that I wouldn't normally (hello? There's no black eyeliner in sight). Thanks, Luna!

4 comments:

  1. Ooooh so sweet that you love my EOTD's so much , i feel honored . You did it just great lovely !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot. I really love your EOTDs, so you just keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that Sleek palette really amazes me, im so jealous they do not sell it here. ;(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bugger. Maybe you could order it from the Sleek web site?

    ReplyDelete