Tuesday, August 2, 2011

One eyeshadow three ways

I love duochrome eyeshadows. They can look so different depending on what you use as a base -- each different colour in the shadow can be emphasised separately, which is what I tried to achieve here using the duochrome Definer shade from the Wet n Wild Comfort Zone palette.

The MAC Club (almost) dupe from the Comfort Zone palette.


I call it an almost dupe for MAC's Club eyeshadow because they have the same idea: a reddish brown base with a noticeable green shift. However, I actually prefer the Wet n Wild eyeshadow over the MAC. That may sound like blasphemy to some, but check out the picture below to see why. I barely touched the WnW eyeshadow to swatch it, whereas I really had to swipe over the MAC one to get enough colour to swatch. Apart from that, although the WnW is a bit more red, the green is a lot more noticeable. It's just a more pigmented, easier shadow to work with in my opinion.


Left: MAC Club. Right: WnW. I've bumped up the contrast significantly so you can see the differences.

Anyway, onto the reason for this post. I haven't worn this eyeshadow as a lid colour yet and I decided I'd like to emphasise the green in it more than if I wore it on its own. I used NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Black Bean all over the lid. I then applied the duochrome shadow all over the black base on the eyelid and use it one its own blended into the crease. I then ran a green Avon Glimmersticks Liqui-Glide eyeliner in Hunter along the lower lashline, with the WnW shadow over the top.


One eyeshadow, three different colours: green, dark brownish green and reddish brown with a hint of green.

That's it! I used a pale shimmery colour for the inner corner, but no other colours were used for this look. What do you think? I wish there were more duochrome eyeshadows around because it's fun to see what kind of combinations you can come up with.

2 comments:

  1. I saw that palette today at the drug store and almost bought it. Now I'm going to have to go back for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should! I've been reading about how it's sold out everywhere. There are so many nice colours in it, it's definitely worth getting.

    ReplyDelete