Sunday, September 11, 2011

Eyeshadow: green on green

I had a hankering for green eyeshadow today, so I decided to bust out the green eyeshadow in the Smoked Collection from The Body Needs (www.thebodyneeds2.com). I've been using the Blackened Collection a fair bit, but I'm yet to use any of the Smoked shadows. I also used a Blackened green as my eyeliner for this look.
Link
Left: Smoked Jade. Right: Blackened Emerald.

I kept it simple with this look. I used Smoked Jade all over the lid over Pixie Epoxy and along the inner half of the lower lashline. I then used Blackened Emerald along the outer half of the lower lashline and foiled along the top lashline. I also used Sin from the UD Naked palette (can't get enough of it!) as the brow and inner corner highlight. A light application of Gunmetal from the Naked palette in the crease finished off the eyeshadow.

It's a green look that's not too over the top.

I love the kind of muted greyed-out green that is Smoked Jade. I'm really excited to try out the others in the collection now. I have lots of brights and darks, but not a lot of more muted colours. I guess I'm lucky in that I can wear what I like to work, so I've never had to tone down my makeup. As a result, though, it appears I've missed out on a whole range of awesome-looking in-between colours. I'll see how the other Smoked eyeshadows fare and let you know what I think.