Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Eyeshadow: Naked palette looks

I'm back in the city for the next two weeks, so posting won't be as often. So, today I'm going to post three looks I did using the Urban Decay Naked palette. I can't remember all the colours I used, since I've mixed about three of them in the crease for each look, and sometimes even on the lid. I'll do my best, though. I used Virgin as the inner corner highlight and on my brow bone for each look (I love it!). So let's get this happening.


The first look is shimmery neutrals with no eyeliner on top. Weird, I know!

I remember using Sin on the inner third of the lid and then Half-Baked on the rest of the lid. I used Naked, Buck and a hint of Dark Horse in the crease. I'm not really sure about the rest. It looks like there might be Hustle along the lower lashline.


This look is more 'me' using neutrals. Sparkles along the lower lashline.

With this second look, I'm pretty sure I used Hustle all over the lid and then darkened up the crease with Dark Horse and a hint of Creep. Naked was used to blend out the line at the edge of the crease colour. I then used my new 24/7 Glide-On Shadow Pencil in Midnight Cowboy along the lower lashline and extended out along the lenth of the wing of my eyeliner from the top.


A dark smoky eye using grey as the main colour.

Ew. Forgive this picture as I took this tonight when I got home from work. It was actually hot today so some of my makeup had melted off by this stage (gross, but hooray for spring!). Anyway, I used Gunmetal all over the lid and along the lower lashline. I used Hustle in the crease and Creep in the outer corner and the outer edge of the lower lashline to darken it up.

I have to say I'm loving the Naked palette. At first I'd decided against it because I didn't think I'd use that many neutrals and then when I went to bite the bullet, I couldn't get my hands on it! Now that I have it, I'm glad I finally have it. It's such a versatile palette, with so many looks that you can do with it! I've used just the Naked palette on its own, but I'm going to try using the neutrals with a pop of colour like green or something on the lid and see how that turns out.

Anyway, sorry this post is so mammoth, but I'm not sure when I'll do something funky to post since I'll be getting up early for work all week. And I'm not sure I like the after-work photos I've taken. Kind of scary, if you ask me. Enjoy!