Monday, September 19, 2011

Eyeshadow: smoked pink

Today's look is using more of my The Body Needs (www.thebodyneeds2.com) eyeshadows. There's one each from the Iced, Smoked and Blackened Collections. Not every colour has an equivalent in each of the collections, so this one is a bit different to the other looks I've done most recently.


Left to right: Iced Pink, Smoked Pink and Blackened Maroon.

First, I used Virgin from the Naked palette as my brow highlight. I think this is my favourite highlight colour ever. I applied Smoked Pink all over the lid over Pixie Epoxy and along the inner half of the lower lashline. I added Blackened Maroon to the outer half of the lower lashline and lightly into the crease, then used it foiled as liner along the top lashline. I topped it off with a smidgen of Iced Pink on the inner corner.


A pink I think most will find wearable.

I really like Smoked Pink. I know some pink eyeshadows have the tendency to make you look sick if applied in a certain way, but this one is smoked-out enough that I think most people would find it a wearable colour. Blackened Maroon is also fantastic: it's less black-based than some of the others in the Blackened Collection, but as you can see, it's still dark enough to worn as an eyeliner.