Saturday, September 3, 2011

Nails: Bloom Las Vegas

So I finally did my nails again (I had A-England Tristam on for well over a week). I decided on Las Vegas from Bloom (www.bcollection.com.au) today. I think it's Las Vegas because the sticker from the bottom seems to have fallen off, but I'm pretty sure that's what it's called. I actually bought this from Target, so it's not from Bloom's regular range, it's from B Collection by Bloom, which is exclusive to Target in Australia, I believe. They retail for $14.95, although I got mine on sale.

It's a lovely burgundy colour.

I'm a fan of Bloom's polishes, although I think they're somewhat overpriced. I can't really complain this time, since I bought this when it was under $10. Las Vegas is a lovely dark burgundy shimmer. It applies really smoothly and only needed two coats. Drying time was ridiculously fast -- it's been a while since I've whipped out any of my Bloom polishes, so I'm not sure whether the formula has been improved or if I just don't remember how awesome it is.

Super-pretty burgundy awesomeness.

I've often thought I'd like to do something a little more interesting with my nail polish, although I lack the skill (and patience) to do anything really good. Ages ago I bought some nail art stickers, so I decided to give them a whirl, since Las Vegas is a fairly simple colour that would work well with them. I'm fairly pleased with how it turned out, but I still think I need practise.

Some funky nail art stickers add a little something, I think.

All in all, I think this is a fun way to mess around with polish and make your nails stand out a bit more. The only thing I don't like about the stickers is they're raised, so my nails feels bumpy, despite the extra thick coat of Seche Vite on top. That and they're a pain to remove later. Oh well. It's a bit of fun and you can still see the pretty burgundy underneath, so it's all good. What do you guys think? Over the top? Or should I just leave the fancy designs to the professionals perhaps? ;)