Sunday, October 23, 2011

Nails: Zoya Faye

Another acquisition from Hong Kong, this week's mani features Zoya Faye. This polish came from the shop I (heart) Cher2 (www.cher2.com) and came to around $7 or $8. Zoya is a little hard to find in Australia (at a good price) so I got three on this trip just to keep me going. To buy them direct from the Zoya web site, the polishes are $17 each and postage starts at $8.90 for a single polish. Kinda pricey, I think.

 Zoya Faye: purplish pink with gold shimmer.


Faye has a sheer purplish pink base with tons of gold microglitter in it. It's one of those amazing colours that looks different depending on the light, although it's not a duochrome or anything. I only did two coats, but I really should have done a third. I didn't notice how sheer the base was when I was doing my nails until after I'd applied the top coat. Oh well, it's only in certain angle that you can see sheer patches.

You can see the sheer pink base really well here. Needed another coat.

The application was excellent. The brush isn't too thick or thin, and the same goes for the polish itself. It's a  great formula: not too runny, but it dried really quickly, so three coats would dry in a flash. It's definitely a unique colour to me and I have nothing like it in my collection. OPI's newish It's My Year is similar, although it has a darker base colour. I prefer the Zoya formula to the OPI anyway, so I'm a happy camper.

Here's a different angle, where it looks completely different: no pink!

This one is definitely a winner. I'm so happy I was able to get some Zoya polishes on this trip. That means there's another two to come! If anyone knows where I can get some decently priced Zoya in Australia, please let me know. I'm a huge fan.