Friday, October 21, 2011

Eyeshadow: i.color focus

On my recent trip to Hong Kong, I bought a few cosmetics from brands I'd never of, including two eyeshadows from a brand called i.color. I got them from Bonjour (www.bonjourhk.com/en/) and I think they ended up being around $4 each. I got #363s (turquoise) and #356s (coppery orange), both of which are shimmers (I guess that's what the 's' stands for). I had a play with a bunch of colours in the store and was really impressed with how soft and pigmented they were. Rather than get my usual green and purple, I thought I'd try some colours that are a little different for me.

Left: 356s. Right: 363s.


Swatched over bare skin: no primer or anything.

Blurred close-ups so you can see the pretty shimmer.

Now, onto the looks. In both of these, I used Urban Decay primer all over the eyelid. For this first look, I applied i.color #356s all over the lid and along the lower lashline. I used Inglot 340 Matte in the crease and along the outer third of the lower lashline. I then added black liquid liner to the top lashline and Benefit silver pencil liner on the waterline.

Look! This turquoise look has no black liner on the waterline. Weird.

This next look has #363s all over the lid and along the lower lashline. I then used UD Hustle (from the Naked palette) in the crease and a touch of Darkhorse (Naked palette) along the outer third of the lower lashline. Black liquid liner on top, with UD Whiskey pencil liner on the waterline. A dab of Inglot 385 Pearl on the inner corner finished off the look.

Ugh. I'm pretty sure I didn't look this tired in real life.

Overall, they're both lovely colours and I'm glad I got them. The turquoise applied exactly as I thought it would, but I was surprised that the coppery colour had a really strong pinkish hue to it with golden shimmer. So that's just two of my Asian makeup purchases. There's plenty more to come!