Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Haul: goodies from Hong Kong

Hello again everyone! I hope you've all been well in my absence. I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get this post done, but I haven't had any time at home before I had to go to work in the city (for those who don't know, I work from home part of the time). Anyway, last night I took some (crappy) photos of my haul of goodies from Hong Kong, so now that I have a little bit of time, I'm going to be naughty and post this from work.

First, let's start with my goodies from The Body Shop. Most of these items were bought in Hong Kong, although a few were from airport in Malaysia. Like just about everything in Australia, The Body Shop is much cheaper overseas than it is here. For that reason, I got the following over there: Lip Roll-On, Honey Bronze, Big Curvy Mascara, Duo body butter, Baked to Last eyeshadow (this pink shade isn't available in Australia at all), High-Shine Lip Treatment and an Eye Shimmer eyeshadow.

 The Body Shop goodies: way cheaper than buying them here!


Of the goodies that we don't have here (yet, I'm assuming), I got the Natrulift toner (I currently use the Seaweed one, so I thought I'd give it a try) as well as the under-eye roll-on. The small container of the matching day cream was a gift with purchse. The Natrulift range has pomegranate as its main ingredient, which is why I was drawn to it. I also got two lovely perfumes: White Musk Blush (limited edition) and Lychee Blossom (from Malaysia). Lychee Blossom was one of about five perfumes I've never seen before anywhere else. I'm hoping White Musk Blush will be availble here at some point.

Next up, I thought I'd go through the makeup from well-known brands that we're all familiar with. I got: Bourjois pressed powder (from Watsons - I bought all they had, since this has been discontinued in Australia), TheBalm Shady Lady Vol 3 palette, TheBalm Shelter lip gloss, Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill eyeshadow in #3, Chanel Illusion D'Ombre eyeshadow in #83, Maybelline Pure Mineral BB cream, Maybelline HyperSharp liquid eyeliner, Kiehl's Ultimate Hand Salve, Kiehl's lip balm (Pear and Cranberry) and a mini Lancome Juicy Tubes lip gloss.

 Random assortment of goodies: ooh baby!

I needed to stock up on the Kiehl's and Bourjois, so I'm happy I got them. I've been eyeing off the Armani and Chanel eyeshadows, but they're ridiculously expensive here, so I waited. So worth it! It's a shame that the colours I chose are quite similar to one another (dark purple). Oh well, they're both stunning. The Maybelline BB cream is my first. It's a perfect match for my skintone. I'm also excited to try the super-thin eyeliner. I generally don't use the felt-tip ones, so I'm hoping it will make it quick and easy to line my eyes. The stuff from TheBalm was an indulgence because we only have the odd product from that brand in Australia and at a premium.

Next we have the Asian brands. I've never heard of any of these brands, so I blindly bought all of this stuff, hoping for the best. I got two i.color eyeshadows (copper and turquoise), a Cyber Colors foundation primer, WowWow crystal lip gloss and a Lavshuca lipstick (made by high-end Japanese brand Kanebo, apparently). I also bought two SaSa nail polishes as well as one from Chinese brand Two Girls. I haven't tried any of these yet, but when I swatched the two eyeshadows in Bonjour, the colour payoff and intensity was insane!

Asian brands I've never heard of: can't wait to try them!

I wanted to get another one or two BB creams from one of the Asian brands I saw, but I was so overwhelmed with the choice of products available, that I decided I needed to do some more research into what I need for my skin type, rather than just get any kind of cream. The prices varied significantly and some of the brands I saw had about five different varieties, which made things even more difficult. Also, I was travelling with my boyfriend, so there was a bit of pressure to make it snappy some of the time.

Last but certainly not least, I have some nail polishes. I got a Revlon polish (Not So Blueberry), which I forgot to include with the name-brand stuff above, so I've chucked it into this photo. The rest all came from the world's most amazing nail polish shop ever, I <3 Cher 2 (www.cher2.com). From OPI, I got Grape Set Match from the Serena Williams collection. From China Glaze, I got Lubu Heels and Fault Line (crackle). From Color Club, I got Revvvolution (dark grey holo!). And from Zoya, I got Neeka, Crystal, Faye and Ki.

Nail polish fantasy! I'm super excited about these.

My next goal is to swatch some of the makeup, as well as let you guys know how I liked the skincare, perfume and other fun bits and bobs I bought. Needless to say, I spent a fair bit of money over there (not including the new iPod I bought). I absolutely loved Hong Kong and would go back in a heartbeat. I hope you've all enjoyed this show and tell!