Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Eyeshadow: two FFC Polymorph looks

Today I wanted to show you guys Polymorph from Femme Fatale Cosmetics (www.femmefatalecosmetics.com.au). I did two looks with this colour because it's hard to show you its awesomeness with just one look. It's also absurdly hard to capture on camera, so believe me when I say it's more vibrant and the colour shift is more noticeable in real life. This is in two different lighting situations.

When I first saw Polymorph it sort of reminded me of Smoked Green and Smoked Teal from The Body Needs (www.thebodyneeds2.com). I swatched it next to both colours and I think you'll agree that over the Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy, it's kind of like a hybrid between the two TBN colours. However, as you can see from the dry swatch the FFC eyeshadow has a funky pink duochrome, which the other two don't have.


Left: TBN Smoked Green. Middle: TBN Smoke Teal. Right: FFC Polymorph. Top row is on bare skin, while the bottom row is over Pixie Epoxy.


So onto the looks. In this first one, I applied Polymorph over Pixie Epoxy all over the lid and along the lower lashline. I then used FFC Unholy in the crease and along the outer third of the lower lashline. Polymorph looks quite teal here and the pink shift isn't all that obvious.

LinkOver Pixie Epoxy. This is Polymorph with Unholy.

With this second look, I applied Polymorph all over the lid and along the lashline over Urban Decay primer only. I then used FFC Haunt in the crease. The pinkish hue of Polymorph is easier to see here than when it's worn over Pixie Epoxy. Teaming it with Haunt also makes the pink stand out more.


Over UDPP. This is Polymorph with Haunt.

It's such a complex colour! My pictures really don't do anything for it, which is a shame. Now, onto some exciting news. It's around midday here in Australia and until midnight tomorrow night (36 hours from now), FFC is having a promotion. Every order over $15 will receive a free eyeshadow (your choice) and every order over $35 will receive two! I'm going to place an order right now for a few full-size eyeshadows and a blush. If you missed my swatches of all the FFC colours, click here. Enjoy!