Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Review: It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye concealer

Today I'm doing a review that's long overdue. I got the It Cosmetics (www.itcosmetics.com) Bye Bye Under Eye concealer at IMATS back in September, so I've been wearing it every day for two months now. I should warn everyone that there are horrendous naked face photos of me in this post. If you're easily scared, don't look any further. I got it from PM Studio and it was $28 at IMATS, although the regular price is $40.

 
It's in a long, thin squeezy tube.

Surprisingly, my colour was Neutral Medium. The Light one was too light, which is weird because I'm usually the lightest shade in just about every brand. Regardless, I tried it on my hand it seemed to match nicely. It comes in an 8g squeezy tube (0.28 fl.oz) and you only need the teeniest amount. It's a very creamy, thick, full-coverage concealer, so I'm not sure it's right for everyone. However, it's really moisturising, so for those who have slightly dry under-eye areas like myself, this is great.

It Cosmetics also call it waterproof, although I'd call it water-resistant. I wore it in Cambodia (really humid) and it didn't sweat off until right at the end of the day. It doesn't come off until I take it off during normal, everyday wear. I just apply it with my finger: I put a tiny blob on my finger and then dab it on where I need it. I set it with Make Up For Ever HD Powder and it lasts all day without caking, creasing or drying out. It's pretty damn amazing concealer.

OK, so I'm about to show you those scary pics I warned you about earlier. Let me start off by saying my under-eye circles are hereditary. Sadly, my European background means I'm stuck with these for life, just like my mum. It doesn't matter how much sleep I get, I've had these for years. Sigh. Here we go *takes a deep breath*.


No makeup whatsoever, just moisturiser.


Wearing just my concealer and powder.

See the difference? I look like a normal person with it on! Seriously though, I look so much fresher (and younger, I reckon) with the concealer on. I've never used a concealer this good in my life and I never will. I've hardly t even dented the tube in the two months I've been using it, so I honestly think it will last me six months easy. For some, $40 may seem kind of expensive, but considering how well it works and how long it lasts, it's definitely worth the money. If I was stranded on a deserted island and was only able to take one item of makeup with me, it would be this concealer. It's that good. And now, let's never think about or look at me without makeup ever again.