Sunday, November 13, 2011

Swatches: birthday goodies & lip gloss

This is a combined post because I've been slack and I felt like swatching today. First up are some goodies that I got from the lovely people I work with. They all chipped in and my awesome friend Helen picked out some amazing pretties for me. Namely, my first Illamasqua products! Hopefully there will be many more to come because I love what I got!


Left to right: Illamasqua Android pigment, Illamasqua sheer gloss in Tantrum and Butter London polish in Marrow.

I just love them! I haven't had a chance to wear the nail polish yet, but I've worn the two Illamasqua products and I just love them. The gloss isn't sticky and the shimmer in it is pearlescent, rather than glittery. Android is dark yet glittery and looks amazing. I forgot to take photos when I wore it so I'll do another look with it soon.


Tantrum and Android. Aren't they stunning?

Next up are some lip gloss swatches. The first two, TheBalm and The Body Shop, I got from Hong Kong and I'm only now getting around to swatching them. I suck. The two Essence glosses are from a recent expedition to Target (not my local: a 40-minute drive away), as there are only a few that stock Essence.


Left to right: TheBalm BalmShelter, The Body Shop Hi-Shine Lip Treatment, Essence XXXL Shine and Essence Stay With Me.

The gloss from TheBalm is in the colour Material Girl and although it looks quite dark in the tube, it's quite sheer on. It's got a doe-foot applicator. The Body Shop gloss in #16 Coral Spice is an awesome shimmery coral pink. I love that it's in a squeezy tube with a slanted applicator tip.


Material Girl and Coral Spice.

The Essence glosses are amazing for the price! The Stay With Me gloss in #06 Berry Me! is a bright hot pink that's sheer, but quite buildable. It's got a funny figure 8-shaped sponge tip applicator (like the Sephora-brand glosses) although it applies really well once you get used to it. It's a long-lasting gloss that really does last. It was only $3.95. The XXXL Shine gloss in #13 Rock On! has a gorgeous purplish sheen as well as a ton of microglitter in it. It has a fairly straight doe-foot applicator that kind of sucks, but the gloss is so nice, I don't really care. It was $4.50.


Berry Me! and Rock On!