Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Swatches: TheBalm Shady Lady Vol. 3 palette

This is a fairly pic-have post. I've (finally) swatched TheBalm's Shady Lady Vol. 3 palette, which I picked up in Hong Kong. I've also got a couple of looks I did using the palette. It's quite versatile for such a small palette (it's like a Wet n Wild palette and a half). It retails for US$39.50 from Sephora, although I bought it from SaSa in Hong Kong for HK$340.


TheBalm Shady Lady Vol. 3 palette.

There are nine eyeshadows and like all of the other Shady Lady palettes, they've all got fun female names. The quality of the shadows is impressive, especially the ones containing glitter: it doesn't all immediately fall out as soon as you apply it. The shimmery pearl colours are particularly smooth and easy to apply and build up. Unfortunately, I didn't think to take photos when I wore them with Pixie Epoxy, but I was impressed with how well they worked with it.


Top row (L-R): Lusty Lee, Envious Erin, Racy Kacy.
Middle row: Safe Bet Annette, Runaround Rebecca, Come-Hither Heather.
Bottom row: Open To Offers Olwen, All The Way Annie, Guilty Gwen.

Here are some looks that I did using the palette. First, I used Safe Bet Annette all over the lid and Come-Hither Heather along the lower lashline. I also used Envious Erin in the inner corner.


A soft, pale pink look.

With this next look, I used Open To Offers Olwen all over the lid, with All The Way Annie along the lower lashline and in the crease. I applied Safe Bet Annette to the inner corner, too.


A teal and purple look.

With this last look, I first used two Aromaleigh eyeshadows: Erebos on the lid and inner half of the lower lashline over Pixie Epoxy and Athena on the outer half of the lower lashline, as well as foiled as eyeliner along the top. I then used Envious Erin as a brow and inner corner highlight and Runaround Rebecca in the crease. I also used a silver Benefit eyeliner along the waterline instead of my usual black.


Left: Erebos. Right: Athena.


Soft green and sparkly purple eyeliner.

I hope you all enjoyed the swatches! It's a really great palette and you can do heaps of looks with it. One I did that I forgot to take photos of is a smoky eye using Lusty Lee, Come-Hither Heather and Guilty Gwen. I'll probably redo that look and take photos. What do you guys think of this palette?