Friday, December 16, 2011

Eyeshadow: Aromaleigh Starry Night look

I recently bought sample sets of the Aromaleigh (http://www.aromaleigh.com/) Starry Night and Holly-Days collections. The Starry Night collection is the first one I've tried. I wanted a darker look because I'm going to an Opeth concert tonight, so I thought I'd go for a reddish look.


A reddish look with a pop of green.


I applied NYX jumbo pencil  in black bean al over the lid and along the lower lashline to darken the shadow. I then applied Antares all over the lid and Betelgeuse along the lower lashline. I then used Shaula heavily in the outer crease and blended it inwards. I finished off with Polaris on the browbone and on the inner corner. 


It's a shame my pictures can't capture the silver glitter in Antares because it's dark yet sparkly. Betelgeuse is also darker than it appears here, plus my camera has only really picked up the green shift, not the coppery duochrome. Still, you get the picture.


I love the look of this collection and I can't wait to try more of the shadows. I still have the Holly-Days collection to try as well, so there'll be plenty more Aromaleigh looks coming.