Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Haul: Boxing Day sales

My sister and I (stupidly, some might argue) decided to brave the absurd crowds in Sydney yesterday and visit Pitt St Mall for the Boxing Day sales. It was an early start (we got there at 7:30am) and we didn't get home until 5:30pm. It was a long day. However, I came away happy with my acquisitions and I'm glad I went (now that it's all over, of course). I'm not looking forward to my next couple of pays, as I'll be repaying my credit card, which got a nice workout. Most of our time was spent in Myer, although we visited David Jones and got a couple of things there, too. It was also less crowded than Myer, apart from the nightmare that was the handbag section *shudders*. Anyway, let's get the show on the road.

First up are the lip products. I could have gone ballistic, but I restrained myself a little, which is a good thing, since I ended up spending a lot more than I planned to. I got a collection of six Estee Lauder mini lip glosses. They're beautiful! Three are sparkles and three are shimmers, apparently. There's not a single dud colour here and I absolutely adore the formula of Estee Lauder glosses, so I happily parted with $65 for this set. I also splurged on a Lipstick Queen lippie. I got a Butterfly Ball Shimmer Treatment Lipstick in the colour Trance. It's a semi-sheer pink with a blueish shimmer. It's stunning.

 Top to bottom: the six Estee Lauder mini glosses, plus the Lipstick Queen lippie.

Now on to the nail products. The first four Essie minis were from a pack that was $10 in Myer, reduced from $25: I think it was called the Winter collection or something, but I ditched all the packaging as soon as I got home so I can't be sure. There were two different sets to choose from, but I'm not a huge fan of pastels so I opted for this one. It features Masquerade Belle (burgundy), Going Incognito (green), Silken Cord (coral) and Hot Coco (brown). The Illamasqua polish is in Snap (silvery grey) and I got it free in Myer! It's worth $34, but it was one of six colours up for grabs when you purchased two or more Illamasqua products (see below in my eye makeup goodies). The last polish is from David Jones. It's a Lancome polish in #23, from the new St Honore collection (I got it for 10% off when I spun the Lancome wheel thingy they had set up in there). It looks black with gold sparkle, but there's also coppery and reddish glitter in there.

Top row: Essie minis.
Bottom row: Illamasqua and Lancome.

Last, but definitely not lease, we have my eye makeup purchases. Not too many because I spent plenty on these, but supremely beautiful colours nonetheless. I got two Illamasqua Pure Pigments in Static (sheer white base with magenta glitter) and Beguile (sheer white base with multi-coloured glitter). They were full price at $39 each (ouch!), but I got the nail polish for free, so I felt better about that. I also visited the Gorgeous Cosmetics store, where they were having 50% off all their eyeshadows! I ended up getting two Shimmer Dusts for a total of $25 in Silver Suede (silvery grey with pink sheen) and Deep Purple (dark purple with gold glitter).

Top row: Gorgeous Cosmetics eyeshadows.
Bottom row: Illamasqua eyeshadows.

Phew! In addition to these lovelies, Santa gave me some shower gels from The Body Shop, some lip glosses from Essence, a Marc Jacobs Lola gift set and a Lil' Angel perfume (from Gwen Stefani's Harajuku Lovers range). In non-beauty-related gifts, I also received a Glenda Larke book trilogy plus the entire Seinfeld box set on DVD. Was Santa good to you? Have you braved any of the post-Christmas sales yet?