Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Haul: one last item from Boxing Day

I can't believe I forgot to add this to my haul from the Boxing Day sale. This is Benefit's I'm Glam Therefore I Am set of goodies. The RRP for this was $69, but Myer was selling it for only $34 on Boxing Day. Score!

The box features Benefit's typically cute illustrations.

The set contains four eyeshadows: from left to right, they're Pink Fancy (super-pale pink), Icy Lilac (pale blue-toned purple), Posh Amethyst (paleish red-toned purple) and Precious Pewter (a pale steel grey). There's also the Girl Meets Pearl highlighter, which is a subtley shimmery golden pink cream, as well as a Glamming Face Powder, which is pink and peach. It also comes with an applicator brush that mixes the two shades together to create a lovely pinkish shimmer on your cheeks. In addition, there's A Little Bit Of BadGal Lash mascara in black and Life On The A List lip gloss, a soft pale pink with barely-there shimmer. Plus there's a good-sized mirror in there, too.

The set has everything you need to do your eyes, cheeks and lips. 

I love the colours! They're all pale and shimmery, as is the cheek colour and lip gloss. It's really great for those who are kind of pale like me. I was surprised the brush applied the cheek colour so evenly, which makes it actually useful. I've thrown out the sponge applicator for the eyeshadows, as those things are completely useless. I really like Benefit's BadGal mascara and this isn't the super-tiny mini you often get as a sample: it's halfway between that and a full-size tube. It doesn't add a lot of drama to my lashes, but it gets each and every lash so it looks as though I have heaps of them. The gloss is lovely, too. It's a flattering pale pink with just a touch of shimmer. It's a thickish gloss that lasts ages, but it's not sticky or anything.


A soft smoky eye for today.

For this I used Posh Amethyst all over the lid, with Icy Lilac on the inner quarter of the lid and lashline, plus the inner corner. Precious Pewter was used in the crease and along the lower lashline, with Pink Fancy on the browbone. It was really easy to use all four of the eyeshadows in one look because they're so subtle and blend together really well. There's also a little flyer in the box with instructions on how to achieve two looks using the set: a daytime and a nighttime look.