Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Nails: Essie Masquerade Belle

I was eager to remove my nail polish (I've been wearing China Glaze Glittering Garland for over a week!), so I did this in a hurry last night when I got back (completely exhausted) from the Boxing Day sales in Sydney. I was so tired that I didn't realise my mani was a little patchy and could have done with three rather than two coats. Oh well, it looks nice from a distance at least! I used Masquerade Belle from the Essie mini collection I got at Myer yesterday.

Essie Masquerade Belle.

I love the colour! Sadly, this is the first Essie nail polish I've worn, even though I owned two from a while back - I've been hoarding so much polish lately that I haven't had time to wear them all yet. I'm sure I'l give it a rest soon...

Anyway, despite being in a mini bottle with a little brush, this applied like a dream. I've read lots of good things about Essie; in particular, that they're the brand to go to for creme polishes. All the hype was right. It's smooth, dries quickly and has a lovely glossy finish, even without topcoat. Masquerade Belle is a lovely dark burgundy colour. The picture below is two coats, plus one layer of topcoat. As you can see, I'm kind of rough on my nails (you can see the scratches in the topcoat), but that aside, it's a great polish.

Beautiful burgundy creme.