Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Eyeshadow: featuring Steampunk

So today I have another darker look for you featuring Fyrinnae's Steampunk Arcane Magic eyeshadow. It's an amazing colour. This time I went for burgundy, red and gold, rather than the green and gold I used last time. I like this look better. I also used a couple of random colours I'd popped in my Z-Palette ages ago that I forgot I even owned. Mary Kay? Where the hell did that one come from? Anyway, onto the look.

Top row: Sugarpill Asylum, Inglot 446 Pearl, Fyrinnae Steampunk.

Bottom row: Sugarpill Goldilux, Mary Kay Onyx, MAC Retrospeck.

I first applied Steampunk all over the lid on top of Pixie Epoxy. I then placed Goldilux along the lower lashline, leaving the outer quarter blank. I applied Inglot 446 Pearl widely through the crease and to the outer quarter of the lower lashline. I then lightly ran some Asylum over 446 Pearl to brighten up the crease a little and the blended in Onyx into the outer V. I added a small amount of Retrospeck to the inner corner and used Urban Decay Virgin (Naked palette) as my brow highlight.

Gold, burgundy, red, black and gold. It's all in there somewhere.

I think this looked so much better in real life, but what are you going to do? I also failed to get any decent photos of Steampunk's awesome colour shift, so this will have to do for now. What other colours do you guys think I should team Steampunk with? I love this colour!

For those who haven't, make sure you check out my giveaway!