Thursday, January 26, 2012

Eyeshadow: green & gold Australia Day look

Happy Australia Day to all my Aussie readers! Today is traditionally spent at the beach or having a BBQ with friends and/or family. And copious amounts of alcohol, of course. I'll be going to the beach with my sister (the boyfriend is living it up in Miami at the moment). I never wear makeup to the beach so I did a sneaky and put this together last night so I could post it today. For those who don't know, our traditional Aussie colours and green and gold, so who makes better greens and golds than Sugarpill?

Top row: Sugarpill Midori and Tako.

Bottom row: darkest green shade from The Body Shop green shimmer cubes, Sugarpill Goldilux and Junebug.

I applied Pixie Epoxy all over the lid and along the lower lashline. I applied Goldilux all over the lid and inner V. Midori went on the lower lashline, with a bit of Junebug right at the outer edge. The dark green shadow from The Body Shop went widely into the crease, with Junebug patted over it to add more sparkle. Tako on the browbone finished off the look.

Green and gold sparkle.

I hope you all have a wonderful Australia Day and wake up tomorrow free from hangovers. For those who don't celebrate or aren't Australian, don't worry, we'll all be having drinks on your behalf! Cheers. :)

For those who haven't, make sure you check out my giveaway!