Monday, January 2, 2012

Eyeshadow: green/gold Fyrinnae look

Well, this look was a fail. Not that I think it looks crap, but it's nothing like I was expecting! It didn't turn out the way I pictured it in my head, but that's my fault because as everyone knows, you can't judge a Fyrinnae eyeshadow by its appearance in the jar, especially when Pixie Epoxy is also involved. All of the eyeshadows were from Fyrinnae.
It's more green and gold than the taupe and brown I was expecting!

I applied Envy Me all over the lid over Pixie Epoxy, as well as on the inner third of the lower lashline. I used Medieval Haunting dry in the crease and then over Pixie Epoxy on the lower lashline. I lined my top lashline with Purgatory used wet. I also dabbed a teeny bit of the lightest shade from my Body Shop Shimmer Waves blush palette on the inner corner.

According to the Fyrinnae web site, Envy Me is a taupe colour that has a subtle green sheen, but over Pixie Epoxy, it appears to be a gorgeous greyed-out green. Love. Medieval Haunting looked like a brown with gold and silver sparkle in the jar, but over Pixie Epoxy, it's a vibrant antique gold (exactly as the web site describes). It was a lot more in-your-face than the colour I was imagining it was going to be. Purgatory, on the other hand, was amazing and is exactly as it appears in the jar: blood-red awesomeness.

So what do you guys think in the end? Is it too weird a combination of colours or is it OK?