Sunday, January 1, 2012

Eyeshadow: New Year's Eve makeup

For New Year's this year, my boyfriend and I decided to get away from the city for a couple of days and just hang out by the beach, just the two of us. It was lovely. We had a quaint (read budget) room that was a short stroll to the beach, so we ended up lighting some sparklers and counting down 2012 at the water's edge. It was lovely and romantic.

During the day, we decided to go on a dolphin cruise. It was awesome! We saw heaps of dolphins and had fun splashing around in the boat's boomnet, while dolphins swam past us. It was so much fun. We even saw a two-week-old baby dolphin. See how much paler it is compared to its mummy? Adorable. Anyway, it wasn't until we got back late in the afternoon that we scrubbed up and slapped on some makeup (well, I did!) before going to dinner.


 A mother and baby dolphin! Aww...

What I ended up doing was fairly simple, but very blingy, since I only brought a few choice sparkly bits with me. I applied Illamasqua Beguile Pure Pigment all over the lid and inner corner over Pixie Epoxy. I then used Fyrinnae Cuddlefish (OMG: purple to die for) dry in the crease and then over Pixie Epoxy on the lower lashline. The only other fancy thing I did was apply a LA Colors purple glitter liner along the top lashline over my black eyeliner. 

Sparkle, shimmer and glitter, all in the one look!

I'm not sure you can see the glitter or even tell how sparkly this look was in the photos below (unless you view the bigger images). Our room had really crappy lighting, so this was the best I could do. It's also why I didn't notice that I had mascara marks all over my eyelid until just now. Oops!

I hope you all had a wonderful celebration. If you did some fancy party makeup, I'd love to see it!