Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Eyeshadow: red & gold look

I was eager to wear Fyrinnae's Purgatory as an actual eyeshadow, as opposed to a liner, like I did the other day. I decided to team it with gold, so I used Book of the Dead. Purgatory is a deep blood red, although it looks somewhat brownish in these pictures.


A more subtle red and gold look.

First, I applied Book of the Dead all over the lid over Pixie Epoxy. I then used Purgatory widely in the crease and then along the lower lashline over Pixie Epoxy. I finished off the look with a dab of Iced Gold from The Body Needs on the inner corner. Voila! That's it.

I really love Book of the Dead. It's a stunning gold that's not as out there as Sugarpill's Goldilux, which makes it great for more subtle looks. I can totally see why Phyrra loves it so much. Purgatory is awesome, too. See how its black undertones appear when it's blended out? And then it's redder when it's patted on top of Pixie Epoxy. I love that!