Friday, January 6, 2012

Eyeshadow: six kinds of blue

Yes, you read that right: I used six different blue eyeshadows for this look, which I wore yesterday. I wasn't going for a clownish look or anything, but I ended up just using a couple of extra colours unexpectedly to create the effect I wanted. I like how this turned out. For a less in-your-face look, I could simply replace the bright blue in the crease with a darker blue, grey or even black.


There's bright blue, silvery blue, icy blue and smoky blue!

So on to the goods. First I applied NYX Jumbo Pencil in Cottage Cheese all over the lid and Black Bean along the lower lashline.On the inner half of the lid, I applied Femme Fatale Cosmetics eyeshadow in Moonglow and FFC Endless Winter on the outer half of the lid. I used Smoked Blue from The Body Needs along the lower lashline. In the crease, I went crazy with Sugarpill Afterparty and then added a touch of Inglot 340 Matte to darken the outer corner a little. I finished off with Iced Blue from TBN on the inner corner and on the browbone. And that's six shades of blue!