Friday, January 20, 2012

Eyeshadow: very dark smoky eye

I went out the other night and decided to go dark an smoky. I often wear both dark and smoky looks, but with more colour than this, which is all dark grey. I wouldn't say it's boring, but it's a flat colour and that's unusual for the looks I normally do. But hey, who wants to do the same thing over and over again?

 Left to right: Fyrinnae Dorian Grey, Illamasqua Beguile, Illamasqua Android.

It really was quite simple in the end. I applied NYX jumbo pencil in Black Bean all over the lid and lower lashline, with a little Cottage Cheese on the inner corner. I packed Android all over the lid for maximum sparkle as well as along the lower lashline. I then used Dorian Grey in the crease and outer V, with a little Gunmetal from the Urban Decay Naked palette to blend out all the edges. I used Virgin as my brow highlight. A little pop of Beguile on the inner corner and I was done with the eyeshadow. The liner was my usual and I actually bothered to wear false lashes (Ardell #108).

Super dark but sparkly at the same time.