Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Nails: OPI Grape, Set, Match

This week's nails are purple, my favourite. OPI's Grape, Set, Match is from the Serena Williams collection and I've had it a couple of months, but haven't gotten around to wearing it yet. It's a gorgeous metallic purple base with piles of purple, pink and blue microglitter in it, which gives it an awesome foiled look.


Left: It's a fairly dark red-based purple. Right: blurry close-up so show off the sparkle better.

It applied OK like most OPI polishes. I say only OK because now that I've been using Zoya and China Glaze polishes most recently, I find going back to the thicker OPI brush a little unwieldy and more difficult (messier) to apply. But that's just my lack of steadiness, I think. Anyway, I used three coats because it applied somewhat unevenly and patchy, although two coats might have been OK. Drying time was OK, but longer than both Zoya and China Glaze polishes. A layer of topcoat and I've created awesomeness.

Purple sparkly awesomeness!