Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Nails: Zoya Ivanka

This week I decided to wear Zoya's Ivanka nail polish. It's kind of Christmasy, but I don't think here's ever an inapproriate time to wear and gorgeous glittery green. I'm away from home at the moment and I forgot to take a photo of the bottle, so take a look at the Zoya web site here to see what it (sort of) looks like. It's from the 2010 Sparkle collection. Very appropriate name!



Despite how it appears here, this is a glitter grass green delight!


It applied quite nicely, although the first coat was patchier than I'm used to with Zoya polishes. It's got a grass green metallic base and the glitter is foily green and gold, so it's like there's two textures going on. The second coat, on the other hand, smoothed things out nicely. I added a third coat for good measure to ensure full opacity and sparkly awesomeness.

I love how it looks. It's like tinsel on my nails. Beautiful! If you want to see better pictures (highly recommended), check out the posts at Vampy Varnish and Scrangie.