Thursday, January 5, 2012

Swatches: latest Fyrinnae haul

A few people have commented on particular Fyrinnae (www.fyrinnae.com) eyeshadows that I've worn lately. I realised I didn't actually do any swatches or even take photos, so some of you don't even know what colours I'm talking about. To remedy that, I've swatched everything that was in my latest order (all done over Pixie Epoxy). Some of these aren't the best and everyone knows how hard it is to capture the colour shift on Arcane Magic shadows, but I've given it a go anyway. Enjoy!


Top row L-R (all are Arcane Magic shadows): Alchemist's Curse, Steampunk, Wake Not The Dead, Bride of Frankenstein and Are You My Mummy?
Middle row: Envy Me, Raven's Prophecy (Arcane Magic), Book of the Dead, Purgatory and Medieval Haunting.
Bottom row: Lucky Charmed (free sample), Dorian Grey and Cuddlefish (free sample).

And now, some close-ups and attempts at showing the colour shift in the Arcan Magic eyeshadows.

Left to right: Alchemist's Curse, Steampunk, Wake Not The Dead, Bride of Frankenstein and Are You My Mummy?
The colour shift is most obvious on Steampunk, although you can see the pinkish tones of Are You My Mummy? as well.

Left to right:  Envy Me, Raven's Prophecy, Book of the Dead, Purgatory and Medieval Haunting. 

In this one, you can see the more pinkish shift to Raven's Prophecy, compared to the blue shimmer you can see straight on.

Left to right: Lucky Charmed, Dorian Grey and Cuddlefish.

I hope this has helped anyone who may be considering buying some of these shades. For the Arcane Magic range, I urge you to read the descriptions on the Fyrinnae web site, which are quite accurate and have better pictures than I've been able to provide here.