Wednesday, February 22, 2012

eyeshadow: dark blurple

I needed to inject a bit of colour into my life so I gave a new Barry M Dazzle Dust a go the other day. It's called Black Purple, although it's definitely more blue than purple to me. It really depends on the light. So it's quite dark, but has colour, plus it was quite simple to achieve. 

My spirits need a little lifting these days so I'll be cracking open the super-bright colours again soon. Uh, that is, after I've given my new Naked 2 palette a whirl. Yes, I caved and got the thing. It's really quite lovely, but without having used it yet, I can't comment on its difference or similarity to the original palette. I do have to say that it looks impressive at first glance, though. Anyway, onto the look


 Left to right: Lime Crime Nymph, e.l.f. duo in grey, Barry M Dazzle Dust in Black Purple #23.

I applied the Barry M eyeshadow all over the lid and along the lower lashline. I then used the darker grey from the e.l.f. duo in the crease. I finished with Nymph on the inner corner as well as on the browbone. For all its darkness, this look was quite simple to do. I hope you all like it!

A nice, dark blurple with a hint of gold.