Saturday, February 11, 2012

Eyeshadow: dark grey & burgundy

So this is actually my second look using my new Victorian Disco Cosmetics eyeshadows, but the first one turned out so bad, no one will never see it. I mentioned in my last post that I'd explain why. I had to suddenly go into the city for work for some emergency meeting, so I was in a huge hurry, which didn't help things. So now I'll explain why I looked like crap.

It turns out the colour I wanted to use in the crease (Death Star) was so patchy and dry, that it just wasn't working for me. I'd applied Ewok Pajama Party all over the lid over Pixie Epoxy and it looked great (although darker than I thought it would), but the crease was a disaster. I ended up having to use black heavily in the crease to contrast the dark lid colour, and then I applied Death Star to the edges of the black to blend it out. It was terribly messy and I just had to give up at a point.


Burgundy and grey, with a hint of purple. 

So having learned my lesson, today I didn't bother trying to use the VDC eyeshadows dry. I applied Pixie Epoxy all over the lid and along the lower lashline. Then I used Tuxedo Mask all over the lid and Ewok Pajama Party along the lower lashline. I used the crease colour from the right-hand side of the Wet n Wild Petal Pusher palette (swatches will be coming soon) in the crease and then gently patted some Ewok Pajama Party over the top. I finished with Urban Decay Virgin on the browbone and inner corner.

So while I adore how my new VDC shadows look over a sticky base, I wouldn't even bother trying to use them dry: it's an exercise in futility. Kassie from Unique Desire (www.unique-desire.com) said as much in my swatch post and unfortunately, she's absolutely right. I'd still buy more of them, but at least now I know how they need to be worn. I just love these colours!